Thursday, August 16, 2012

Recap

To keep everyone up to date:
The plan
Originally our plan was to drive to Cancun and back. We decided to fly instead. This means we are cutting out lots of things we had wanted to see along the way, but can spend more time exploring the Yucatan Peninsula and everything there is to see there. 

We are aiming to depart from Hermosillo October 31 and arrive home November 30th give or take a few days. Our budget is around $3000 and we overpriced everything and still meet the budget with some change to spare!

How on earth can we do this. Well against some peoples opinions the boyfriend decided to take an early retirement and take out his 401K. This may involve a little back story. He has been working for the same company for just under 10 year. Recently he stepped down from his management position because he was unhappy with it, and that was about when we started planning to try something new.  He owns his own home, paid off his car, and is responsible with minimal bills. 

As for me, I have been vague about work because we do both plan to leave our jobs to start fresh upon our return. I have been in management for just about a year and with the company for 4 years. I could play the promotion role and spend the rest of my life in retail but I am honestly capable of so much more and really looking to enjoy life. I know there is a career out there for me but I am not going to find it where I am at now. 

When we get home we both have back up jobs that we can get through friends with their own company, but we really want to explore our options as well. We are not glued to Tucson and if the right job came up elsewhere we would consider a change in pace.

Futuristic and a little bit of defense. Everyone complains about taking out your 401k early but I have a few things to say about that. For starters we are smart with money and have thought about our futures. We have goals and are prepared to face consequences. We are young and have many options in our favor. Right now we are choosing to make these decisions because we can. 

The end. Any questions... ?



1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful view from your rental! I'm impressed you got that great of a deal! WTG!

    ReplyDelete