Sunday, August 3, 2014

Birthday Hike to Stewart Falls!

On August 1st, my lovely friend Erin and I decided to take a hike to Stewart Falls. I figured if I have to turn 26 years old, I should do it feeling good about life! Stewart Falls was the perfect hike because it wasn't too hard, but I still felt very accomplished. Having lived in Florida and Arizona in the past, my birthday is usually disgustingly hot weather. I was very grateful this year! We took our hike with some nice overcast and maybe 85 degree weather outside.What a perfect day!

To get to Stewart falls from Orem, we headed north up East Provo Canyon Road. Just after you go under the little tunnel you take a left onto Alpine Loop Scenic Highway. Follow that road about 10 minutes. We parked at Aspen Grove Trailhead. To park there you will have to pay a $6 park fee for a 3 day pass, and then it's about 100 feet ahead on your left hand side. If you want to put something into Google Maps or GPS, I would just punch in "Aspen Grove Trailhead".  From there, we parked and the trail head begins directly behind the restroom.

I absolutely loved this hike! Every 20  minutes the scenery was changing. You are in a forest, a jungle, a butterfly garden, and then at a beautiful waterfall! I saw everything from newborns to 75 year old grandparents on the trail. A great place to hike for anyone with a beautiful destination at the end!


















No comments:

Post a Comment