Tuesday, August 28, 2012

And So It Begins...

Yesterday the boyfriend put in his 2 week notice at work! It's both nerve racking and thrilling all at once. He has to leave in advance because it takes a month before you can cash out your 401k. I am still going to wait until the end of next month or beginning of October to put in mine. I am more then ready to get there... Also, I talked to a good friend of mine yesterday ,who I had not had a chance to fill in on anything until then, and it was crazy when I realized how fast this all came together. At the beginning of this month I was just day dreaming of a life changing move, and now it has become reality. I am so happy I started this blog! It was originally a way to force myself to look into taking a trip, and now it's becoming a way to plan, share, and get feed back from everyone.

Please feel free to give feedback. If you have questions ask because I know I skipped a few things along the way. :)

On Vacation related subjects:
I am really excited to be in Mexico for Dia De Los Muertos (also know as Day of the Dead).
I never knew about this holiday until I came to Tucson. I recognize it as a festive day of face painting and an All Souls Procession march. It is to remember ones who have passed, but most people I know that have participated in it were more excited on the idea of painting their face like a skeleton. I totally understand that considering it looks like a lot of fun and Tucson is full of artistic people.
I am pretty sure the way it is celebrated in Tucson, and the way it is celebrated in Mexico are quite different though. In Mexico it is a holiday devoted to remember those who have died. Families and friends gather at grave stones bringing the departed their favorite foods, gifts, and possessions.  
The holiday can be traced back 3000 years. Today they honor  infants and children who have passed on November 1st, and Adults on November 2nd. 


No comments:

Post a Comment