Saturday, October 4, 2014

Brighton and back to Stewart Falls


Playing catch up! Shane and I had a weekend off a few weeks back. Decided to do a bit of exploring in the great outdoors. Have to enjoy everything before it all freezes over!
First stop.. Brighton. We had planned on taking a hike to several other lakes here, but it turned out there was a bike race the day we chose to go. They were planing to close the road at 1:00 pm and we arrived around 11 am. We chose to just take a nice stroll around Silver Lake.  Glad we didn't push time, because the ride back was a pain with all the traffic and bikers. 

Silver Lake is the perfect stroll. They have a great path around the lake! Half is a deck (shown above) and the other half is just through the woods.

Wetlands! This trail has everything. You can find anything from wildlife to wildflowers.

<3 p="">
Little duck family


Mama Deer. I could get the baby in my picture, but she has a baby standing right under her!

Loving It

This little guy was hunting for food. Looks like he found some!

Another deer!

And the beautiful Silver Lake!






I also decided to take Shane to Stewart Falls. I went a few weeks earlier with my friend, but Shane needed to see/hike it for himself. 

He was impressed

Totally worth the trek

our typical feet photo

My "this water is freezing" face!

Shane thought I should take a photo over there

This is the photo. :)

On the trail back!

Also made a pit stop to Sundance on the way home. We were pretty tired so we took a quick walk around and then booked it home. 




No comments:

Post a Comment